Tele'Drama Fusional InterReality: Hybrid Real Time Experience
Exploring Emotional Relationships with Food through M.E.A.L.S. (©Tele’Drama, 2023: Meeting Eating And Learning Simultaneously): A New Adventure in a Hybrid Journey
Learning while having a meal can be a productive way to maximize your time, especially if you have a busy schedule; but also, a balanced and enjoyable way to appreciate your food, while exploring your relationships with it, being present in the experience.
Colleen Baratka, MA TEP,
Psychodrama Trainer & Supervisor
, CTP-1 &
Daniela Simmons, PhD, TEP, Psychodrama Trainer & Supervisor, Creator of Tele'Drama (United States)
Colleen Baratka will direct from her office in PA, where she will gather a group of professionals and trainees. Dr. Daniela Simmons will direct from her home in Dallas, TX, USA
The experience will include everyone - the participants, joining individually from various locations around the world & the group in PA.
Two Wednesdays, November 1 &15, 2023
Location: Hybrid: ©Tele'Drama Fusional InterReality, 2020
Virtual: Tele'Drama Virtual Center / Zoom Meetings
Physical: Catharsis Drama Therapy Consultants and Psychodrama Training Institute; 3415 West Chester Pike, Suite 202, Newtown Square, PA 19073, USA
Translated Captions: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, Estonian, Farsi/Persian; Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Norwegian, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Swedish, Tamil, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
Part 1: November 1, 2023: FOOD ATOMS
Desserts spell stressed backward because, at times, cake is more than the last course. The food atom is a sociogram exploring an individual’s emotional relationship with food. Developed to assist in the treatment of eating disorders, this atom can be tailored to deal with other food-related issues or used as a group warm-up. During this group, participants will practice creating Food Atoms on paper and in action. As this workshop will intersect with mealtime internationally, we encourage participants to bring snacks and/or meals so we can explore how eating together in a group or with individual clients can move the food atom exploration to a whole new level.
1. Participants will construct a Food Atom and analyze its contents.
2. Participants will differentiate between eating disorders and emotional eating.
3. Participants will utilize mealtime learning environment for in situ exploration of using food in sessions.
4. Participants will learn how to access the embodied emotions behind eating disorders and utilize Psychodramatic and sociodramatic exercises to help clients to process the emotions that drive their eating disorders.
Part 2: November 15, 2023: BODY IMAGE
Families and patients often struggle to see that eating disorders are not about the weight or food. This sociodramatic technique was developed to use in large multifamily groups to help educate and give the families the emotional experience of an eating disorder and create a strategy for recovery from within. The sociodrama itself uses some body resistance to concretize the body struggle and we will be practicing together how to recreate a very physicalized sociodrama into the hybrid space. As this workshop will intersect with mealtime internationally, we encourage participants to bring snacks and/or meals so we can explore how eating together in groups or with individual clients can create a whole new level of body image exploration.
1. Participants will learn how to access the embodied emotions behind eating disorders and utilize psychodramatic and sociodramatic exercises to help clients to process the emotions that drive their eating disorders.
2. Participants will explain the importance of familial role reversal with the patient to stop the rescue pattern and help the client heal themselves.
3. Participants will be able to apply ‘fat’ and healing circles for working with body image issues.
4. Participants will utilize mealtime learning environment for in situ exploration of using food in sessions.
Continuing education for social workers, marriage and family therapists and professional counselors, as well as psychologists - Pennsylvania, United States.
Phoenix Center for Experiential Trauma Therapy (Lic. #004115) is approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors to offer continuing education for social workers, marriage and family therapists and professional counselors. Phoenix Center for Experiential Trauma Therapy (Lic. # PSY000215) is approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Psychology to offer continuing education for psychologists. Phoenix Center for Experiential Trauma Therapy maintains responsibility for the program.
The module is unique to those who attend and WILL NOT BE RECORDED.
The best way to participate is through your computer; however you may attend via a tablet or cellphone.
Payment, in case of cancellation, will be credited to future workshops.
You will receive the zoom invitation via email.