FAMILY RECONSTRUCTION: Connecting individuals’ past family dynamics with their present day experiences
January 18; February 1 & 15; March 1, 15 & 29; April 12, 2023
11:00 PM - 02:00 PM Central Time (United States)
06:00 PM - 09:00 PM Central Time (Europe)
Every Other Week for 7 sessions; 3 Hour Sessions, 21 Hours total
All Seven (7) Sessions:
- Professionals and General Public: $599
- Students and Retirees: $420 PRESENTERS:
Inara Erdmanis, TEP
Inara Erdmanis, TEP & Daniela Simmons, PhD, TEP
The founder of Psychodrama, J.L Moreno, was also named, ‘An unrecognized pioneer of family therapy’ (Compernolle, 1981). As a young doctor in Bad Vörslau, just outside of Vienna, Austria, Dr. Moreno was visiting families in their homes and working on improving the relations between the family members.
Being one of Virginia Satir's processes, Family Reconstruction is a psychodramatic reenactment of significant events in three generations of family life. The Satir model is a growth oriented approach based on the belief that people have the inner resources to resolve problem situations. Within this model, which focuses on what people can become, the therapist and the individual or family members join forces to move from a symptomatic base to wellness.
We carry throughout our lives patterns from previous generations; and those patterns affect our behaviour. There may be in the past unfinished business or unresolved conflicts between ancestors that may still affect us. The knowledge and ability for psychotherapists to apply the Family Reconstruction Method will allow them to heal their clients and patients by helping them explore familial patterns and increasing insight; revising unhelpful family narratives.
Attending the 20-h training on Family Reconstruction, participants will:
• Examine family of origin narratives;
• Develop family reconstruction skills relevant to clinical practice with individuals, couples, families, and groups;
• Assess how family history impacts intrapersonal and interpersonal processes;
• Explore the intergenerational transmission of behavioral, emotional, and interpersonal processing patterns;
• Understand the connections among Dr. J.L.Moreno, Virginia Satir and Carl Jung’s theoretical framework.